Monday, April 20, 2009

My Life!




Growing up in a pastors home, I have always heard about God and the story of Jesus but when I was ten years old I realized that I wanted more than just knowing about Jesus. I wanted to know Him and have a personal relationship with Him. So in a Burger King parking lot in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania my sister, Emily, helped me begin my relationship with Jesus. That moment changed my life forever

My life has been a wild roller coaster with lots of twists and turns. Some have been exciting and thrilling but some have also been frustrating and frightening. After my family moved to Hollywood, Florida, I struggled a lot. I didn’t have many friends and the friends I did have were fickle! Then to top that off my family faced trials that really rocked my faith. But I realized through my parents example that this was a growing opportunity and all I had to do was trust God through it.



Then a glimmer of hope came and we began the process of moving to Ocala, Florida. I instantly fell in love with Ocala and quickly made great friends. But once again my boat was rocked. I felt angry with God and many times I would ask “why me? Why my family?” I just wanted to give up. I thought that it wasn’t worth it. But then God placed some awesome people in my life, many of you are here tonight. I could see how real and genuine their relationships with God were. Because of the amazing role models God has blessed me with I have grown so much in my faith.



God also blessed me with some great experiences. I was able to travel to Colorado where I saw the beauty of His creation and to southern California where I discovered my passion for surfing. I know that I wouldn’t be who I am today if I hadn’t held on to God through the challenges in my life. God has been shaping me into who He wants me to be. I enjoy all sports and when I have been unable to compete because of an injury it brings an emotional let down. I want to study medicine and become a doctor to help people who have been injured towards physical recovery. As a doctor I would also have the opportunity to partner with people to discover that in Christ they have HOPE.

4 comments:

  1. KT! This is awesome! Thanks for radiating Jesus' love! I love you!
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. katie!!!!!!!!! nice pictures!!! hahahahahaha you are awesome and I miss you a ton! love ya lots sista!!!!! :)

    ~kara~

    P.S. The Boys are back gunna do it again! Gunna wake up the neiborhood!!!! hahahahahahahaha

    you make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. o yea I almost 4got! wat does the 897 mean? something special?!?!?!?!?!

    you are the fruit to my loop!
    ~kara~

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh!! haha!! Kara idk... 897 was already on the settings :) lol
    i love you too!!! You are the Peanut to my Butter =]

    ReplyDelete